18 May 2015

Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes


Nothing makes the Monday morning blues better like a stack of hot pancakes, you all know I love me some pancakes! Today I am sharing my favorite recipe and it is so easy you'll never go back to pre made batter again {gag!} We eat these a ton, like a couple times a week. They are so fluffy, melt in your mouth and you can add your favorite berries, syrups or even chocolate chips to switch it up a little bit. 






1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk {sometimes I add a little more if the consistency isn't quite right}
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil 


Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. 
In another bowl mix together buttermilk, vanilla, egg and oil. 
Combine wet and dry ingredients but don't over mix.
Pour desired amount of batter {I use an ice cream scoop} on to hot skillet.


Hope these brighten your Monday a little bit! xo




8 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing :)
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good pancake recipe. I found one the other day, but I'll have to try these! Fluffy is a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya! pancakes are a way to my heart!

      Delete
  3. So this was our breakfast this morning. OMG! new favorite recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey how much salt? Saw in directions but not in ingredient list. Thanks...can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete