31 August 2015

Taco Casserole

This recipe is one of my favorite easy and fast meals for a busy week day. Anything that I can make that both my boys will eat and is fast is definitely a win win in my book! 




Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs ground beef 
16oz can pinto beans
16oz Jar of Salsa
1 pkg taco seasoning 
2 1/2 cups broken up tortilla chips
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup lettuce
1 can of Rotel

Instructions:

- heat oven to 350 degrees

- cook ground beef over medium heat until browned then drain. Stir in pinto beans, salsa and taco seasoning. Heat to boiling stirring occasionally.

- in ungreased 2 quart casserole dish, place 2 cups of the broken tortilla chips on bottom. Top evenly with beef then sprinkle with cheese. 

- bake uncovered 20-25 minutes. Top casserole with remaining tortilla chips, a little more cheese, lettuce and Rotel. I also like to drizzle a little ranch dressing on top. You can even sneak peppers and other veggies in it if you'd like. 

And that's it! Hope you enjoy! 



2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy and sounds so easy!! I need to make this
    Chelsea @thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at "taco", we are taco-loving fools in this house!

    ReplyDelete